Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Spiritual Power Animal...

For a while I've wondered what my power animal was... the first one I acquired was on a misc. website that declared it was a "Bull Shark"... that seemed rather strong for me and so I was determined to find out what it TRULY is. At a recent "More Truth Will Set You Free" workshop with Elka Boren (a Shaman) we were all curious about our Power Animal... and when she told me mine, I was a little surprised... but then as I thought about it, not so much. Because as fate would have it... my Power Animal has been with me all through life (in beads, jewelry, history) and I've always had an interest in this animal.


So anyway... here's a description of this animal. Maybe you can guess what it is (Don't peek at the picture!!)! :-D


She who seems to move as slowly as the earth itself, who travels its own path in its own time. One of the lessons is to slow down. She who lives a very long time and who has been on earth longer than any other vertebrate animal, has all the time in the world.


She carries its house on its back, and when it feels attacked it withdraws into its protective shell. This can remind us that we carry within ourselves our own protection. It is also a reminder of the importance of going within. We need to learn to withdraw not only when we feel threatened by the outside world, but in order to contemplate, to decide what our next direction will be.

Slow-moving, contemplative this animal can also be described as grounded. When we feel as if things are happening too fast, or as if there's too much to do, when we are great at starting projects and not so great at completing them, we can call on the energy of this animal.

To be grounded doesn't mean to be stuck in one place. She travels very close to the earth and is intimately connected with the currents of Mother Nature's energy. Because it moves so slowly it has the time to appreciate all of her creations.

So can we when we take the time that is always there, when we move more slowly along our own paths and enjoy the journey.

Have any idea now? It's:



What's your Power Animal?

No comments:

Post a Comment